Reconciliation is a place where the garbage in our lives can encounter the mercy of God…
The sacrament of Reconciliation, also known as Confession or Penance, is celebrated at St Paul’s Parish every Saturday in the church from 5pm – 5.30pm and each Tuesday from 5.15 – 5.45pm (during Adoration).
Additionally, the communal celebration of the sacrament (2nd Rite) is celebrated before Easter and Christmas.
- A Night of Mercy in Advent will be held on Thursday 21 December 2017, at 7pm
- A Night of Mercy in Lent will be held on Friday 23 March 2018, at 7pm
The minimum age for this sacrament is a child in Year 3. Our Parish runs a joint First Reconciliation/First Eucharist program. This means that all children in Year 3 and above will be able to receive both of these sacraments in the same year. In 2018, Reconciliation will be celebrated during term 2 (early May – late June) and Communion in term 3 (August – September).
Parent Information Nights (where enrolment forms and additional information are distributed) are advertised in advance, through the schools and the Parish Bulletin, and attendance at preparation classes is compulsory.
- Any family who wish for their child or children to make these Sacraments in 2018 need to collect an enrolment form at any weekend Mass on the enrolment weekend. The minimum age to receive these sacraments is a child in Year Three. Older children are also welcome.
- These forms need to be filled in and brought to the Parent Information Evening. You may only pick up a form for your child. No one will be permitted to pick up a form for another family or child.
- If you are unable to collect a form before the Parent Information Meeting, you can collect a form and return it during Mass on the next weekend.
- The combined cost for both Reconciliation and First Communion Programs is $50. (Twins are $80)
Parent Information Evening
- To be advised in early 2018 from 7pm – 8.30pm in St Paul’s Church.
- NB: All families who are presenting children for these Sacraments MUST be represented at this gathering where important details about the Sacraments will be given to families. If not present at this meeting, their child will not be able to receive the Sacrament this year.
- Children Receiving Baptism
Information Evening for families who wish their child/children to make their First Reconciliation and/or First Holy Communion BUT whose children are not baptised or have been baptised in a Christian church other than Catholic. This evening is in addition to the Parent Information Evening above.
- To be advised in early 2018 from 7pm – 8.30pm
- Ceremony for Baptism (& Reception into the Catholic Church) To be advised in early 2018
Reconciliation Preparation Day: Tuesday 19 June 2018
Ceremonies: Various ceremonies will be offered between 23 June and 30 June. You choose which ceremony you prefer. A limit of eight candidates per session (four for the standard parish sessions). The following dates and times will become active links to an event booking after the Parent Information Session.
- Saturday 24 June 4.30pm
- Saturday 24 June 5pm*
- Tuesday 27 June 4pm
- Tuesday 27 June 4.30pm
- Tuesday 27 June 5:15pm*
- Wednesday 28 June 6pm
- Wednesday 28 June 6.30pm
- Thursday 29 June 4.30pm
- Saturday 1 July 4.30pm
- Saturday 1 July 5pm*
* These are standard parish sessions which are open to other parishioners