Easter is the high-point of the Church’s whole year
- Click the image on the right for a document with full listing of service times
Prepare for Holy Week with the celebration of mercy
- Mercy Night – Second Rite of Reconciliation
7pm Friday 23 March 2018
Come and join us for any or all of the different ceremonies during Holy Week
- Palm Sunday – standard times, with procession from Parish Centre at 10am
Monday of Holy Week
- 8am Service of the Word and Holy Communion
Tuesday of Holy Week
- 6pm Mass
Wednesday of Holy Week
- 8am Mass
- 7.30pm Chrism Mass – St Francis Xavier Cathedral, Wollongong
Holy Thursday – 29 March 2018
- 7.30pm Mass of the Lord’s Supper
- Includes presentation of the holy oils, washing of the feet, procession to the chapel, and prayer vigil until Night Prayer at 9.30pm
Good Friday – 30 March 2018
- Stations of the Cross @ 10am – audiovisual reflection on the cross of the Lord
- Reconciliation available after both morning and afternoon services
- Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion @ 3pm
- Includes the scriptural reflection on the Lord’s Passion, the solemn intercessions, veneration of the Cross and Holy Communion for those excluded and marginalised.
Holy Saturday – 31 March 2018
- On Holy Saturday, the church waits in silence at the tomb of Jesus, grieving and lamenting.
According to the ancient tradition of the Church, Mass is not celebrated today.
- Evening Prayer will be celebrated in the Church at 6pm.
- The Easter Vigil Mass will be celebrated early on Easter Sunday morning (just like the first Easter day).
Please note – Daylight Saving ends tonight – so you turn your clocks back one hour (giving you an extra hour’s sleep)
Easter Sunday – 1 April 2018
5am Dawn Mass of the Easter Vigil
- The Easter Vigil begins in darkness in anticipation of the resurrection of Jesus, which occured early on Sunday – the first day of the week
- Includes lighting of the Easter fire, procession of the Paschal Candle, singing of the Easter Proclamation, five Scripture readings, and blessing of the Easter Water with loads of joy, music and song. This dawn service will conclude with the rising sun to greet us.
9am Easter Sunday – Mass of the Resurrection
- Easter Sunday morning at 9am
A chance to proclaim the impact of the resurrection in each of our lives.
Note this single Mass replaces both the 8am and 10am Masses on Easter Sunday morning.