The Sacrament of Confirmation completes the sacrament of baptism with the beautiful power of the Holy Spirit.
- The minimum age for this sacrament is a child in Year 6. Children should have received both sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist.
- Candidates must be attending Mass weekly, pray regularly and have begun to live the life of a disciple of Jesus by responding joyfully to the proclamation of the gospel in their lives.
- In 2017, preparation for the sacrament will take place during term 1, with the sacrament celebrated on Saturday 29 April.
- Enrolling: Any family who wish for their child or children in Year 6 or above to make this Sacrament in 2017 need to collect the enrolment form at any weekend Mass on 25-26 February 2017 and attend the Parent Information Evening. You may only pick up a form for your child. No one will be permitted to pick up a form for another family or child.
- Parent Information Evening: Thursday 2 March from 7pm – 8.30pm
- All families who are presenting children for Confirmation MUST be represented at this gathering where important details about the Sacrament of Confirmation will be given. If not represented their children will not be able to make the Sacrament this year.
- Attendance at information evening, classes, preparation day and Sunday Mass is compulsory.
- Ideally, the sponsor chosen by the candidate would be one of their Baptismal Godparents.
The Sponsor must be a confirmed Catholic, over the age of 16 years.
Parents do not act as Sponsors.
Sacramental Program information for 2017.
- The cost for the Confirmation program is $40. (Twins are $65)
Lessons for Candidates will be held on the following dates:
- Lesson 1: Saturday 4 March or Monday 6 March
- Lesson 2: Saturday 11 March or Monday 13 March
- Lesson 3: Saturday 18 March or Monday 20 March
- Lesson 4: Saturday 25 March or Monday 27 March
- Lesson 5: Saturday 1 April (All candidates at the one session)
- Two Parent Sessions:
- Parent Session 1 (with the children in the Hall) during Lesson 3
- Parent Session 2 (with the children in the Hall) during Lesson 5: Guest Speakers and Presentations of Confirmation badges
- Confirmation Preparation Day: Thursday 27 April (9am – 3.15pm)
- Ceremonies: Two Liturgy of the Word sessions with Bishop Peter Ingham (You select your first preference)
Saturday 29 April 10am or Saturday 29 April 1pm